Job Title: Social Marketing Coordinator
Job Type: Freelance, part-time, flexible, expected workload ~10 hours per month
Duration: Initial position 20 months starting January 2023
Reports to: Quenington Sculpture Trust
Working base: Remote working, physical attendance at monthly meetings in Quenington throughout the 20 month period
Salary: £25 per hour, £5,000 total
We are looking for a forward-thinking and enthusiastic content creator to join our small and dynamic team at Fresh Air Sculpture’s biennial show. You will support Fresh Air Sculpture by handling all social media platforms, creating and curating content, documenting work and discovering potentially interesting stories to increase our online visibility. Digital promotion will include our education programme, artist profiles, and event-related partnerships which you will be responsible for maintaining and extending.
The role will reinforce Fresh Air Sculpture’s unique setting and offering and requires proven experience of public engagement as well as building audiences and community connections. You will develop links to grow Fresh Air Sculpture’s networks and partnerships, both within and beyond Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds. You will devise and effect messages and marketing via social media and other communication channels to strengthen relevance and impact.
- Plan and implement a social media, communication and general marketing strategy to highlight Fresh Air Sculpture as a must visit cultural event.
- Grow Fresh Air Sculpture’s engagement with local and national press, cultural and tourism centres, hotels, and community groups to further the promotional reach of the event.
- Deliver a diverse and effective strategy to strengthen awareness and impact of Fresh Air Sculpture’s profile.
- Concentrate on media partnerships that can secure effective promotion to drive visitors to the show.
- Engage with prospective partners to pursue mutually beneficial activities, particularly those aligned with Fresh Air Sculpture’s cultural and educational objectives.
- Increase engagement with our audience across all social media platforms.
- Maintain a strong online presence, research and monitor emerging social media tools.
- Produce and post effective and engaging social media and film content.
- Monitor, report and evaluate all social media activity.
The successful candidate will be undaunted by working in a dynamic work environment. You will have proven experience of working in the cultural sector and be excited by the opportunities for the future of Fresh Air Sculpture. As someone ready to take on new challenges, you will be energetic and enthusiastic, able to think creatively and find exciting and varied ways to promote Fresh Air Sculpture to the right people. You will have excellent organisational and communication skills and be IT literate. An important part of the role will be the use of social media to devise creative and impactful stories.
Please send a CV and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 12 December.