FRESH AIR SCULPTURE SHOW
16th June – 7 July 2019
The Old Rectory, Quenington, Gloucestershire GL7 5BN
A celebration of contemporary sculpture
This biennial sculpture exhibition provides a unique opportunity to see a creative mixture of traditional, modern and cutting-edge contemporary work in a stunning outdoor setting.
The 2017 show was a great success. We were very lucky with the weather meaning every day was busy and over 11,000 people visited the exhibition over the three weeks.
The excitement of FRESH AIR is the huge diversity of materials exploring a variety of media: from stone to textiles, ceramic to glass, sound to video, mosaic to metals, rubber to resin. Monumental pieces sit alongside smaller works to suit every size of garden or outdoor space.
Behind the scenes at Fresh Air
For every show, we appoint apprentices to shadow the curators and get an insight into the world of curating and understand the amount of work and co-ordination involved in make such an event run smoothly.
This film, giving a flavour of the day-to-day events at Fresh Air, on was produced by one of the 2017 apprentices, Emma Chase.
The Fresh Air Fashion Show
The 2017 exhibition had a new feature as part of the private view. We showcased clothes and accessories from independent designers and students, as well as showing outfits from the archives of Art Couture Painswick.
We have artists from the UK and all over the world showing at Fresh Air, creating a show that will enlighten, provoke, excite and charm the visitor.
The Quenington Sculpture Trust runs an educational programme for schools which includes workshops for the disabled and children with special needs.
The swimming pool house is home to a pop-up gallery for the duration of the show allowing visitors to view the best quality contemporary and applied art.
Fresh Air 2019 Essentials
- Fresh Air 2019 will take place from Sunday June 16th until Sunday July 7th at Quenington Old Rectory, Quenington, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 5BN
- Open 10am – 5pm every day including Sundays
- Admission is £5 for adults, children 18 yrs and under free
- All artists work will be for sale at prices ranging from £50 – £50,000
- Catalogues will be for sale at £5
- Refreshments will be available: light lunches and teas by 7a of Fairford. Sorry, no picnics in the gardens.
- Well behaved dogs on leads are welcome.
- Disabled parking available on the gravel and the majority of the gardens are accessible to wheelchairs and those with mobility issues.
- Please note that there is only very limited mobile reception at Quenington Old Rectory
The Quenington Sculpture Trust
is pleased to be a member of
Own Art makes buying art easy and affordable – spread the cost of your purchase over 10 months with an interest free loan.
Find out more